Search This Blog

Friday, August 27, 2010

Simunye Time Day 1









In the Zulu language “Simunye” means “We Are One”, and this program for kids 4-10 years old certainly lives up to its name. Each afternoon, over 100 kids attend Simunye Time where they sing songs, do crafts, play games, and learn about health, the Bible, and positive values. One day each week is devoted to HIV/AIDS and health education. My first day at Simunye time started on Monday August 23 at the Seed of Hope Center. My first day was somewhat weird because I was just getting to know ever body and nobody know who I was. However, during the lesson time I met some kids who I hang out daily with on the playground. Today in Simunye Time, the kids were tough a bible story then they had question answer time and the leaders asked questions to the kids about the lesson. When Simunye time was over all the kids went over to kitchen and got dinner, for some kids this was their only hot meal they will get in a day. Here are a couple pictures of my first day.

I'll keep you posted

Isaiah Forbes

No comments:

Post a Comment